Friday, April 23, 2010

Lets just wipe our butts with money.

$400.00 on textbooks. Really? I will search as far as the ends of this earth to find cheap, used copies of my required texts to avoid spending that much on books this semester. Last time I just took my syllabus into the library and made copies of the pages I needed to have for the week. Ghetto? Yes. Legal? Not sure, but I didn't have much of a choice. I am about to go meet some dude in an alley somewhere to buy my criminal justice book (for $50.00!) like some sort of shady drug deal. I understand that the publishing industry is hurting these days, but charging $113.00 for a book is pretty redonk. It's not like the professor that wrote it is making any money either, it's the bookstore and publishing companies that are wiping their booties with dough.

1 comment:

La Yen said...

Welcome to college. Sigh.