Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Tiny Ugly Germs have made me sick

As texters say "UGH", I feel like poo. I think I have the plague...or maybe it is just strep throat. Either way, I am taking a cocktail of amoxicillin, daytime and nighttime cold relief and enough vitamin C to cure a sailor's scurvy. So I have some time on my hands.

The other night I came home from work and Averie came right up to me and said "Mommies say 'I love you'. Daddies say 'Pffft.'" That's deep. Brad swears there was absolutely no coaching to create that statement.

Averie's other new thing is to wake up every night screaming that there are bugs in her bed. Just to be safe, I checked for bed bugs (I watch a lot of Discovery Channel's Verminators show). The only thing I can figure is that she is having nightmares about "Buggies getchoo", which is what she is screaming at the top of her lungs. What do I do? Do I go out and buy Bugs Life or do I avoid any and everything bug related? Why is my kid such a wubby? I would like to think that Brad and I are pretty adventurous people and have tried to teach her that life is fun. Averie is literally scared of everything (except strangers). In attempt #2 to take her to Disneyland she screamed and cried the whole time in the Tikki Room, Princess Fair and Toon Town. The only part of the day she enjoyed was the shuttle bus from the hotel to the Park. She is still talking about the bus ride and how she wants to go do it again.
We are planning our next summer vacation: UTA shuttle to the University Mall. If she is lucky we may take the Trax all the way north to Murray.

1 comment:

La Yen said...

Did she at least warm up to the giant letter "A" or was that still the height of terrifying?

Hope you feel better. Have Hershey's kisses. That always helps my throat.