Wednesday, May 21, 2008

DIY yo!

My Mother-in-law and I came up with these cute flower garnishes because we couldn't find any flower looking candies at the grocery store. We made "Dirt Desserts" (ice cream and Oreo Sundays with gummy worms on top) for her garden party tomorrow.





Candy Ribbon
Gum Drops (I used DOTS)
Peach Rings
Tooth Picks
Scissors
1. Cut flaps in the Candy Ribbon (but be sure not to cut the pieces off)
2. Wrap your Gum Drop in the ribbon (give it a little skirt)
3. Squish your gumdrop into the Peach Ring and fold the flaps of your Candy Ribbon back and use your toothpick as your stem!
These work best if your Ribbon is a little stiff, otherwise your flower will close up.

3 comments:

La Yen said...

Unbelievable. How are we related? My response would have been "Well, guess we won't have any garnish." And then "What's a garnisH?"

And my verification was vjfoju. As in vagina fo JuJu.

JMarie said...

dang i should have named this blog that...

Kayt Ludi said...

Those are too cute to eat! :) And you clearly have amazing skills - I probably could have gotten as far as sticking an upside down gumdrop on a toothpick and calling it a tulip ;)

PS - found your blog through Yen, and I will totally be adding you to bloglines so that I don't miss out in the future :)