Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Big R

After I posted Av's thoughts about Jesus, I came up with some thoughts of my own..Not so much about Jesus, but about whether or not I should start correcting Averie about the things she thinks and says about Him. And I decided that whatever she thinks about Him, religion or whatever is just fine. I want her to have her own thoughts about this kind of stuff, no matter how irrational or profound they may be. I feel like I was always told what I should believe, and in turn have grown to believe almost nothing. Maybe, if I had been encouraged to believe whatever I felt to be right, I would actually have some sort of connection to my religion. I mean, what good does telling a kid that what they think about heaven, or God is wrong? What good does that do anyone?
I love that my family is so involved in their religion, and I will always support their spiritual endeavors, no matter what they are. I hope that if or when I find some sort of spiritual connection, or whatever I decide moves me in that direction I will be met with the same kind of support.

1 comment:

La Yen said...

No support for you! Come back one year!